A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Sheol
DefinitionThe Hebrew word for the world of the dead, a shadowy place mentioned in the Psalms.
1. Language in which the Old Testament was written. 2. Jew, Jewish; belonging to Israel
Essentially the hymn book of the Jerusalem temple, expressing the whole range of human emotion, from dark depression to exuberant joy; many attributed to David.
Big ideas: Psalms
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.