Measure for Measure Contents
- Shakespeare, William
- 1564 - 1582: William Shakespeare's Stratford Beginnings
- 1582 - 1592: William Shakespeare's Marriage, Parenthood and Early Occupation
- 1592 - 1594: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 1
- 1594 - 1611: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 2
- 1594 - 1611: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 3
- 1611 - 1616: William Shakespeare - Back to Stratford
- Social / political context
- Religious / philosophical context
- The Theatre
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Act V
Theatre and media
See the play
An essential resource when studying any drama is a means of seeing it in performance. If no live performance is available, then DVDs or videos are an excellent resource.
Measure for Measure. BBC Television. 1979.
Measure for Measure. Dir. Bob Komar. 2007.
Listen to the play
Audio CD or taped productions are also very useful, particularly to allow the listener to concentrate on the flow of the verse. Unfortunately productions of Measure for Measure are not very readily available in audiobook form.
Measure for Measure. (Audio CD). Arkangel Complete Shakespeare Company. 2006.
Measure for Measure: Complete & Unabridged (Audio Cassette). Harper Collins Audio. 1995.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.