A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Comparative adjectives modify a noun by comparing it with others, e.g. ‘better’ / ‘worse’. They are often created by the suffix ‘er’.
- Superlative adjectives take this comparison to its furthest limits, e.g. ‘best’ / ‘worst’. They are often created by the suffix ‘est’.
- So we get modifications such as: ‘young’ / ‘younger’ / ‘youngest’.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.