A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Basilica
DefinitionOriginally a large public building in the Roman Empire which provided the model for Christian churches. Also title given to particular great churches, such as St Peter's in Rome.
Name originally given to disciples of Jesus by outsiders and gradually adopted by the Early Church.
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.