A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Dean
Generally a large and magnificent place of Christian worship that houses the 'cathedra' (the bishop's chair or throne).
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
1. Head of a cathedral or collegiate church responsible for the services, buildings and contents. 2. A rural dean oversees the clergy of a group of parishes called a deanery.
The collective term for priests and ministers of the church (as opposed to the non-ordained laity).
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.