A-Z: General definitions
- Hem of his Garment
- Henrietta Maria
- Henrik Johan Ibsen
- Henry VIII
- Heracles and Cerberus
- Heracles and the Augean Stables
- Heracles and the Belt of Hippolyte
- Heracles and the Cattle of Geryon
- Heracles and the Ceryneian Hind
- Heracles and the Cretan Bull
- Heracles and the Erymanthian Boar
- Heracles and the Golden Apples of the Hesperides
- Heracles and the Hydra of Lerna
- Heracles and the Mares of Diomedes
- Heracles and the Nemean Lion
- Heracles and the Stymphalian Birds
- Heracles, Pillars of
- Heraldic device
- Herod Antipas
- Herod the Great
- Heroes' Return from Troy
- Heroic couplet
- Heroic quatrains
- High Church
- High frequency
- High Priest
A-Z: General definitions: Hexateuch
A 'testament' is a covenant or binding agreement and is a term used in the Bible of God's relationship with his people). The sacred writings of Judaism (the Hebrew Bible). These also form the first part of the Christian Bible.
The first Book of the Bible, containing an account of God's creation of the universe, of earth and of humans, then his dealings with the family of Abraham.
1. In the Old Testament the Israelite nation's escape from slavery in Egypt and their journey to the land God had promised them. 2. The second book of the Old Testament which describes part of the journey.
Third book of the Old Testament, part of the Pentateuch, records the Laws given by God to Moses.
Fourth book of the Old Testament, part of the Pentateuch, records the Laws given by God to Moses as well as some Israelite history.
An Old Testament leader of the Israelites who first took control of the land of Canaan.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.