A-Z: General definitions
- Hem of his Garment
- Henrietta Maria
- Henrik Johan Ibsen
- Henry VIII
- Heracles and Cerberus
- Heracles and the Augean Stables
- Heracles and the Belt of Hippolyte
- Heracles and the Cattle of Geryon
- Heracles and the Ceryneian Hind
- Heracles and the Cretan Bull
- Heracles and the Erymanthian Boar
- Heracles and the Golden Apples of the Hesperides
- Heracles and the Hydra of Lerna
- Heracles and the Mares of Diomedes
- Heracles and the Nemean Lion
- Heracles and the Stymphalian Birds
- Heracles, Pillars of
- Heraldic device
- Herod Antipas
- Herod the Great
- Heroes' Return from Troy
- Heroic couplet
- Heroic quatrains
- High Church
- High frequency
- High Priest
A-Z: General definitions: Hierarchy
DefinitionA body of persons or things ranked in grades, orders, or classes. Used specifically of the 'Nine orders of angels'.
1. The human body, viewed positively in the Bible because it has been made by God though it can be vulnerable to temptation. 2. Term used of the church, 'the Body of Christ'. 3. In Holy Communion the bread is also called the Body of Christ.
Supernatural beings closely linked with the work of God; his messengers, traditionally portrayed as having a winged human form.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.