A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Body Politic
DefinitionThe State, often envisaged using the image of a body with the ruler as the head.
1. Imitation, copy, likeness, statue, picture in literature, art or imagination. 2. A figure of speech in which a person or object or happening is described in terms of some other person, object or action (i.e. as a metaphor or simile)
1. The human body, viewed positively in the Bible because it has been made by God though it can be vulnerable to temptation. 2. Term used of the church, 'the Body of Christ'. 3. In Holy Communion the bread is also called the Body of Christ.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.