A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Collect
DefinitionA short prayer used in church services after a period of individual silent prayer to 'collect' all these prayers together, offering them to God. There are special collects for particular days in the church year.
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
The Bible describes God as the unique supreme being, creator and ruler of the universe.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.