Wide Sargasso Sea Contents
- Social / political context
- Religious / philosophical context
- Literary context of Wide Sargasso Sea
- Part one: Antoinette's first narrative
- Part two: Rochester's narrative
- Part two: Antoinette's narrative
- Part two: Rochester's narrative resumes
- Part three: Grace Poole's narrative
- Part three: Antoinette's narrative
Part two, section 6
Wide Sargasso Sea pages 53 - 54: Trees in bloom ... Mention of Sandi
Synopsis of part two, section 6
Rochester continues his account of these honeymoon days. He begins to fall under the spell of the island's beauty. However, he feels that the landscape is also dangerous, alien and disturbing. It hides secrets that he wants to know about. Antoinette introduces him to the places of her childhood, especially the bathing pool.
Commentary on part two, section 6
- A fer de lance:is a type of poisonous snake.
- Antoinette refers to her mixed race cousin, Sandi Cosway.
Investigating part two, section 6
Read carefully through this section
- Make a note of the different references to things hidden and to secrets.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.