Who are we?
Crossref-it.info is run by Bible Society, a registered charity in England and Wales (232759). In this policy, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refers to Bible Society.
Our address is: Stonehill Green, Westlea, Swindon, SN5 7DG.
We respect your privacy and want to communicate with you in a way that suits you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your privacy is important to us and this policy explains how we use your personal information and keep it secure.
What is personal information?
Personal information covers any data that enables us to identify you as an individual. This could include, name, address, or email address.
How do we use your personal information?
When you supply personal information to us, we only use this information for the purpose for which it was given and ensure that it is kept securely.
We do not use any personal information gathered to send marketing material.
Lawful basis for processing your information
We process your information on the basis of consent to create an account to use our Google Chrome extension, because you have given us clear consent to do so.
How long do we keep your information
We only keep your information for as long as we need to. We will have a lawful reason to keep your data and when we no longer need it, we will delete it. We will update this section soon, with examples of how long we will keep certain information.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not share your details with third parties, unless it is necessary to do so.
In cases like these, we will have a data agreement in place to ensure that these companies will not use your information for their own use, but only to fulfil the function on behalf of Bible Society.
Your information will not be passed to third parties for marketing purposes.
- ‘Right to be informed’ means we will be completely clear and transparent about how we plan to use your personal information.
- ‘Right of access’ means you can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and we will provide it within one month.
- ‘Right to rectification’ means you can ask us to update or amend the information we hold about you, if it is incorrect.
- ‘Right to restrict processing’ means you can ask us to change, restrict or stop the way we are using your information.
- ‘Right to erasure’ (of right to be forgotten) means you can ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
- ‘Right to object’ means you can object to us using your information for marketing purposes.
- ‘Right to data portability’ means you can obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
- ‘Right not to be subject to automated decision making’ means if we use systems to make a decision about you, you have the right to ask for a person to intervene, that then may change the outcome.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as Fundraising Regulator or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you are not satisfied with our response to your request, or you feel we are not using your information correctly.
Signing into our Google Chrome extension using a Google account
When installing the crossref-it.info extension for Google Chrome, you will need to sign in using a Google account. We will not see your password. We will only see your email address, language preferences and approximate age.
How to contact us
You can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- by telephone 01793 418222
- by email at email@example.com
- by post: Bible Society, Stonehill Green, Westlea, Swindon, SN5 7DG.
The Data Protection Officer, at the address below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Society, Stonehill Green, Westlea, Swindon SN5 7DG
Last revision: 17 May 2018