A-Z: General definitions
- Hem of his Garment
- Henrietta Maria
- Henrik Johan Ibsen
- Henry VIII
- Heracles and Cerberus
- Heracles and the Augean Stables
- Heracles and the Belt of Hippolyte
- Heracles and the Cattle of Geryon
- Heracles and the Ceryneian Hind
- Heracles and the Cretan Bull
- Heracles and the Erymanthian Boar
- Heracles and the Golden Apples of the Hesperides
- Heracles and the Hydra of Lerna
- Heracles and the Mares of Diomedes
- Heracles and the Nemean Lion
- Heracles and the Stymphalian Birds
- Heracles, Pillars of
- Heraldic device
- Herod Antipas
- Herod the Great
- Heroes' Return from Troy
- Heroic couplet
- Heroic quatrains
- High Church
- High frequency
- High Priest
A-Z: General definitions: Hermit
DefinitionSomeone who lives in solitude, and has little or no contact with people. Hermits devote their lives to prayer and in devotion to God. Due to their holy life they would sometimes be visited by lay people seeking spiritual guidance.
Communication, either aloud or in the heart, with God.
The complete commitment of oneself to a loved person or thing, and especially to God. The term is also used, in the plural, to mean prayers.
The Bible describes God as the unique supreme being, creator and ruler of the universe.
Set apart, sacred.
1. Consisting of or relating to (the) spirit(s), rather than material or bodily form. 2. Relating to matters of the soul, faith, religion, or the supernatural. 3. A type of religious song whose roots are in the slave communities of North America.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.