A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Celibate
A commitment to remaining unmarried and abstaining from sexual intercourse. Required of monks and nuns, and of priests in the Roman Catholic church.
TranslationFrom Latin: caelibatus, 'unmarried'.
1. All Christians worldwide. 2. The Church in the West until the Reformation. 3. The Roman Catholic Church.
A-Z: General definitions » Celibate
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.