A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Chancel
DefinitionThe area in a traditional Christian Church where clergy, choir and the altar are situated, often raised or behind a screen, dividing it from the nave area containing the pulpit and seating for the congregation.
Name originally given to disciples of Jesus by outsiders and gradually adopted by the Early Church.
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
The collective term for priests and ministers of the church (as opposed to the non-ordained laity).
1. Group of singers who sing the service in a cathedral or church and / or lead a congregation in worship (chants, hymns etc). 2. Area of a church / cathedral where a choir sits.
A raised stucture on which religious ceremonies are performed.
A group of Christians who congregate / meet together for worship.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.