A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Crucifix
Big ideas: Cross, crucifixion
The name given to the man believed by Christians to be the Son of God. Also given the title Christ, meaning 'anointed one' or Messiah. His life is recorded most fully in the Four Gospels.
1. The human body, viewed positively in the Bible because it has been made by God though it can be vulnerable to temptation. 2. Term used of the church, 'the Body of Christ'. 3. In Holy Communion the bread is also called the Body of Christ.
1. Instrument of execution used in the Roman Empire. 2. The means by which Jesus Christ was put to death and therefore the primary symbol of the Christian faith, representing the way in which he is believed to have won forgiveness for humankind.
1. Genesis indicates that death was not part of the orginal plan for human beings but is one of the consequences of the Fall. 2. The death of Jesus is presented as opening up the possibility of reconciliation with God.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.