A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Encyclical
DefinitionCircular letter sent to all the churches in an area. Now used of letters sent out by the Pope and circulated within the Catholic church.
TranslationLatin: 'that which circles about'.
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
1. All Christians worldwide. 2. The Church in the West until the Reformation. 3. The Roman Catholic Church.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.