A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Frankincense
DefinitionA yellow gum resin, collected from a tree. Used as a perfume and as incense offered in worship. One of the gifts said to have been brought by the Wise Men to the infant Jesus.
1. Doing homage and giving honour and respect, especially to God. Acts of devotion. Human response to the perceived presence of the divine. 2. The part of the Christian liturgy usually consisting of sung material and prayers of thanksgiving.
Eastern wise men and astrologers expert in interpreting dreams. In the New Testament men whose interpretation of the stars led them to Palestine to find and honour Jesus with gifts signifying his kingship.
The name given to the man believed by Christians to be the Son of God. Also given the title Christ, meaning 'anointed one' or Messiah. His life is recorded most fully in the Four Gospels.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.