A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Hermit
DefinitionSomeone who lives in solitude, and has little or no contact with people. Hermits devote their lives to prayer and in devotion to God. Due to their holy life they would sometimes be visited by lay people seeking spiritual guidance.
Communication, either aloud or in the heart, with God.
The complete commitment of oneself to a loved person or thing, and especially to God. The term is also used, in the plural, to mean prayers.
The Bible describes God as the unique supreme being, creator and ruler of the universe.
Set apart, sacred.
1. Consisting of or relating to (the) spirit(s), rather than material or bodily form. 2. Relating to matters of the soul, faith, religion, or the supernatural. 3. A type of religious song whose roots are in the slave communities of North America.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.