A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Pastoral
TranslationLatin: pastor, 'shepherd'; Anglo-Norman: pastor, 'shepherd, spiritual leader'.
1. Consisting of or relating to (the) spirit(s), rather than material or bodily form. 2. Relating to matters of the soul, faith, religion, or the supernatural. 3. A type of religious song whose roots are in the slave communities of North America.
Sheep were a key part of the the economy in biblical times and the familiar figure of the shepherd occurs frequently in the Bible to signify leadership, and care. Jesus described himself as the Good Shepherd.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.