A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Prioress
DefinitionFemale prior. That is, in an abbey, the second in command after the abbess. In a religious house that was not an abbey (e.g. in a priory), the person in charge.
1. A community of monks or nuns under rule of an abbot or abbess. 2. The building which they occupy.
The head of a community of nuns.
1. Devout, involved in religious practice 2. Member of a religious order, a monk or nun.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.