A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Structure
1. The fundamental term for any written piece of work; 2. A book to be studied in an academic context; 3. In preaching, the section of the Bible upon which the sermon is based.
The key events that make up a fictional narrative and their relation to one another.
Figure of speech in which a person or object or happening is described in terms of some other person, object or action, either by saying X is Y (metaphor); or X is like Y (simile). In each case, X is the original, Y is the image.
1. Representing things or ideas by symbols. 2. The use of symbols in literature or art.
1. In plays or prose fiction, the individual personality having a role or appearance. 2. More generally, the individual personality, especially in its moral aspect.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.