A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Trope
1. Imitation, copy, likeness, statue, picture in literature, art or imagination. 2. A figure of speech in which a person or object or happening is described in terms of some other person, object or action (i.e. as a metaphor or simile)
A form of expression, such as a metaphor or simile, which is intended to add beauty, variety or impact to a literary text.
A set form of a worship service in church, usually written down. This includes set prayers and Bible readings for certain weeks of the year.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.