A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Jesuit
1. All Christians worldwide. 2. The Church in the West until the Reformation. 3. The Roman Catholic Church.
The name given to the man believed by Christians to be the Son of God. Also given the title Christ, meaning 'anointed one' or Messiah. His life is recorded most fully in the Four Gospels.
In the manner of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit Order, the Society of Jesus. Used most often in terms of a form of spirituality or meditation.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.