A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Lucan
1. Marcus Annaeus Lucanus, Roman poet (39-65AD), he lived only a short time but stood out from other poets because of his young age and speed of writing.
The author of the third Gospel and the book of Acts in the New Testament.
Gospel - Literally 'good news' - used of the message preached by Jesus recorded in the New Testament. 1. The central message of the Christian faith 2. Title given to the four New Testament books which describe the life of Jesus Christ
A 'testament' is a covenant (binding agreement), a term used in the Bible of God's relationship with his people. The New Testament is the second part of the Christian Bible. Its name comes from the new covenant or relationship with God.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.