A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Miriam
In the Old Testament the brother and spokesman of Moses who helped him confront Pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.
Very important Jewish leader described in the Book of Exodus in the Old Testament. Moses led the Jewish people out of slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land. Received the Ten Commandments form God.
1. In the Old Testament the Israelite nation's escape from slavery in Egypt and their journey to the land God had promised them. 2. The second book of the Old Testament which describes part of the journey.
Descendants of Israel (Jacob) and occupants of Israel.
1. Doing homage and giving honour and respect, especially to God. Acts of devotion. Human response to the perceived presence of the divine. 2. The part of the Christian liturgy usually consisting of sung material and prayers of thanksgiving.
The miraculous escape of the Israelites from Egypt in the Old Testament.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.