A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Pharisee
Party of highly religious Jews who imposed strict observance of all the Jewish laws. Many Pharisees criticised Jesus for his apparent laxity and their emnity was a factor in his being condemned to death.
1. Devout, involved in religious practice 2. Member of a religious order, a monk or nun.
1) In the Bible a member of the Hebrew race 2) Someone who belongs to the Jewish faith which believes in one God and the importance of Jewish Law.
1. A term for the first five books of the Bible (also called the Torah or Pentateuch). Torah means instruction, doctrine, law'. 2. Instruction and guidelines covering every aspect of life contained in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament).
The name given to the man believed by Christians to be the Son of God. Also given the title Christ, meaning 'anointed one' or Messiah. His life is recorded most fully in the Four Gospels.
1. Genesis indicates that death was not part of the orginal plan for human beings but is one of the consequences of the Fall. 2. The death of Jesus is presented as opening up the possibility of reconciliation with God.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.