A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Puritanism
Originally the beliefs of sixteenth and early seventeenth century Protestants, who wished to reform the Church of England of all its Catholic characteristics. Subsequently describes extreme moral strictness.
Christians whose faith and practice stems from the Reformation movement in the sixteenth century which resulted in new churches being created as an alternative to the Roman Catholic Church.
The 'Established' or state church of England, the result of a break with the Catholic church under Henry VIII and further developments in the reign of Elizabeth I.
1. Sometimes used to denote all Christians 2. Used specifically of the Roman Catholic church.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.