A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Puseyite
A Christian movement in the mid-nineteenth century on the part of some Anglicans to revive Catholic practices in the Church of England. It was centred on Oxford University.
1. Sometimes used to denote all Christians 2. Used specifically of the Roman Catholic church.
The 'Established' or state church of England, the result of a break with the Catholic church under Henry VIII and further developments in the reign of Elizabeth I.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.