A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Sunday
DefinitionIn the New Testament Christians began to meet together on the first day of the week (the day on which the Resurrection took place). Sunday gradually replaced the Jewish Sabbath as the principal day of worship and a day of rest.
Name originally given to disciples of Jesus by outsiders and gradually adopted by the Early Church.
1) In the Bible a member of the Hebrew race 2) Someone who belongs to the Jewish faith which believes in one God and the importance of Jewish Law.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.