A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Clergyman
Someone ordained as a priest, deacon or bishop to teach, conduct religious services, administer the sacraments and provide pastoral care within the Christian Church. Until recently, only men could be so ordained.
A person whose role is to carry out religious functions.
Male assistant ministers / helpers, originally with an administrative role.
In certain Christian denominations leader of the Christian community within a geographical area.
1. Devout, involved in religious practice 2. Member of a religious order, a monk or nun.
Religious ceremony which symbolises receiving an inward spiritual grace.
1. Associated with spiritual care 2. A literary work depicting sheperds or rural life.
1. Term for a worshipping community of Christians. 2. The building in which Christians traditionally meet for worship. 3. The worldwide community of Christian believers.
1.) To make someone a minister or priest. 2.) To decree or order.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.