A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Charles II
(1642-51). Series of military conflicts which rose out of religious, political and financial tensions between King Charles I and Parliament, which was increasingly influenced by Puritan sympathies.
1. The period after 1649 when England was ruled as a republic until the restoration of the monarchy in 1660. 2. A voluntary organisation, made up of many of the countries which used to be part of the British Empire.
Charles I (1600-49) succeeded to the English throne in 1625, but after the English Civil War of 1642-46 was deposed by Oliver Cromwell leading an army loyal to Parliament and subsequently executed.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.