A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: James
1. James, the 'brother of Jesus'. Shared leadership of the early church in Jerusalem with St Peter. The apocryphal Infancy Gospel, the Book of James (also known as the Protevangelium) was attributed to him.
2. James the Great (Santiago de Compostela), son of Zebedee. He witnessed the Transfiguration of Christ and was the first apostle to be martyred in 40AD. 7th Century tradition claimed he visited Spain. His shrine at Compostela a major medieval pilgrimage.
3. James son of Alphaeus, also an apostle. 7th Century tradition claimed he visited Spain.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.