A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Samuel
DefinitionAn Old Testament prophet and one of the Judges of Israel. He anointed its first two kings, Saul and David.
A 'testament' is a covenant or binding agreement and is a term used in the Bible of God's relationship with his people). The sacred writings of Judaism (the Hebrew Bible). These also form the first part of the Christian Bible.
Someone who conveys God's message to human beings or speaks about the future sometimes through words alone, sometimes through dramatic actions.
1. Someone given authority to preside in a court of law. 2. In the Old Testament, name given to leaders of Israel before the period of the kings.
The Old Testament frequently refers to Israel as the Promised Land allocated to God's children. Prophecies refer to it as his chosen nation and the one out of which the Messiah would come.
The first king of Israel.
In the Old Testament the second king of Israel, after Saul, anointed by Samuel to be king.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.