A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Vengeance
DefinitionRevenge; an act of retaliation for a real or imagined injury, in which the revenger sees him- or herself as entitled to carry out their own idea of justice and to take the law into their own hands.
An act of retaliation for a real or imagined injury, in which the revenger sees him or herself as entitled to carry out their own idea of justice and to take the law into their own hands.
1. The quality of being just. 2. Fairness. 3. The administration of the law.
1. A term for the first five books of the Bible (also called the Torah or Pentateuch). Torah means instruction, doctrine, law'. 2. Instruction and guidelines covering every aspect of life contained in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament).
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.