A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Matins
TranslationFrom the French for morning 'matin'
The monastic movement consists of communities of monks. Communal life was built around prayer, the opus dei or work of God.
1. An act of duty and devotion. 2. By extension, a religious ceremony offering obedience and worship to God.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.