Measure for Measure Contents
- Shakespeare, William
- 1564 - 1582: William Shakespeare's Stratford Beginnings
- 1582 - 1592: William Shakespeare's Marriage, Parenthood and Early Occupation
- 1592 - 1594: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 1
- 1594 - 1611: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 2
- 1594 - 1611: William Shakespeare's Life In London, part 3
- 1611 - 1616: William Shakespeare - Back to Stratford
- Social / political context
- Religious / philosophical context
- The Theatre
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Act V
Be particularly careful to avoid ‘lifting' any material – including any from this web site! Copying even a small amount is plagiarism and its inclusion in coursework essays will be looked upon scathingly and severely penalised by examination boards.
- Typing in ‘Shakespeare Measure for Measure' to Google produces more than a million responses! Some are editions of the text, some study guides, some essays. Although you will certainly find some useful material, remember that none of it is going to help you understand the play if you do not already have a thorough knowledge of the text from reading it yourself.
- An interesting website which really looks at the play as drama is the RSC's guide based on their 2003 production
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.