A-Z: General definitions
- 39 Articles
- a Calvary
- Aaron's Rod
- Abomination of desolation
- Abraham Lincoln
- Act of Union
- Active Life
- Active verb
- Active Voice
- Adjectives - comparatives and superlatives
- Adjectives - predicative position
- Adolf Hitler
- Adverbs - temporal adverbs
A-Z: General definitions: Discourse
1. A prose text containing a line of thinking or an argument.
2. Communication, either in speech or in writing, with common social linguistic usages (eg. Medical discourse) or codes.
In written text, the ordinary plain form of language, not organised into verse form. It is often contrasted with the term 'poetry'.
Scan and go
Scan on your mobile for direct link.